ASSESS THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE LIFE CYCLE
The LCA analysis tells what impact the product or service offered by your company on the market has on the environment during its entire life cycle. Today, sustainable business is desirable, but soon it will be mandatory, and this is indicated by both consumers and corporations, government organizations, banks and, last but not least, the environment. The LCA analysis is also an integral part of the mandatory non-financial reporting under the new CSRD directive, which entered into force at the beginning of 2023.
Why is LCA analysis important for SME companies?
- Improving the environmental performance of your products and services at different stages of their life cycle.
- To apply for European funds.
- To obtain better financing conditions from banks.
- For transparent communication with all stakeholders.
- For informing stakeholders and environmental declaration of products and services.
- For marketing purposes to both business partners and end customers.
LCA as a basis for the implementation of sustainable - circular practices
LCA is one of the tools of Life Cycle Management, with which, on the basis of various information and tools, we lead your company on the path to minimal environmental impacts and, as a result, we pursue the demands of your stakeholders. In an LCA analysis, all steps in the life cycle of a product or service are scrutinized. Raw materials, production, transport, use and recycling, as each of the steps leaves a certain impact on the environment.
A comprehensive approach includes:
- the entire life cycle of the product/product,
- determines the quantities of raw materials and energy products and emissions into the environment (air, water, soil) during the product's lifetime,
- determines the effects of the product/product's contributions to environmental burdens, which are expressed by various indicators: i.e. potential impact on global warming (so-called carbon footprint), impact on toxicity, impact on the use of natural resources/raw materials, impact on water use, impact on acidification and eutrophication, etc.
LCA is based on ISO standards
When creating the LCA analysis, the standards and recommendations listed in:
- ISO 14040:2006,
- ISO 14044:2006,
- ISO 14067:2019 (determination of product carbon footprint),
- ISO 14020, ISO 14021, ISO 14024, ISO 14025 and ISO 14026 (environmental labels and product/product declarations, footprint reporting).
- The LCA analysis is produced using professional numerical modeling software, which includes data collections and specialized databases, as well as impact assessment methods.
LCA and its connection with EPD, LEED tenders
LCA analysis is the basis and is used for:
- EPD – environmental product declarations
- LEED (additional points when obtaining LEED certificates)
- Calculation of environmental indicators for CSR/non-financial reporting (scope 1, 2, 3 greenhouse gas emissions)
- Calculation of SBT (range 1, 2, 3 greenhouse gas emissions)
- Public tenders (additional points)
- ESG assessment (extra points)
What is an EPD and why is it important?
The Environmental Product Declaration (EPD®) is an independently verified and registered document. It is used for transparent, comparable and credible communication about the environmental impacts of a product or service. The EPD® is a report, and the Life Cycle Assessment is the basis for it. An EPD® is a so-called Type III Environmental Declaration that complies with the ISO 14025 standard. A Type III Environmental Declaration is created and registered within the "operator program" of a program operator, such as the EPD® International System.
Examples of produced EPDs
OFFER FOR COMPANIES:
Skupaj z našo ekipo strokovnjakov smo pripravili ponudbo za izvedbo LCA analize (Analiza življenjskega cikla) in EPD (Okoljske deklaracije produktov) za mala , srednja in velika podjetja.
LCA analysis according to ISO 14040, 14044 and other relevant guidelines (EN 15804):
- Objectives and scope of LCA analysis
- Analysis of input data
- Impact analysis
- Interpretation of results
LCA analysis + EPD for selected product
LCA analysis + EPD for selected product
EPD® - environmental declaration of a type III product that complies with the ISO 14025 standard.
- Selection of PCR (Product Category Rules)
- LCA analysis according to ISO 14040, 14044, EN 15804 guidelines
- Production of EPD according to ISO 14025 guidelines
- EPD verification
- Publication and use of EPDs